Our story began in 1948 when Alvin Harms started Harm’s Electric Service Company.
As electric power lines were being installed for the first time in rural communities, Harm’s Electric would follow behind and install lights and outlets to farmhouses that, up to that point, had no electricity. Since then, we’ve expanded our service offerings and changed the name to Kansas Electric, in tribute to our home state.
From our humble beginnings, Kansas Electric has become an organization that has developed a proven reputation for delivering superior, electrical design and construction services across the Midwest. We’re well versed in a wide range of projects including new construction, troubleshooting, and maintenance.